Sunday 24 February 2013

Hooked

The CrochetQueen, having taught me the basics of her wondrous craft last week, afterwards sent me a link on facebook.
And then, at the market yesterday, I had coffee with a GrandeDame of the art, and we sat happily stitching together while she further instructed me. She too sent me away with a link in my ear.
I'm not at all sure that either of them have done me a favour.

For one thing, I have burnt my knitting needles.
Knitting?
Who wants to knit when there is crochet out there waiting to be knotted?

You see what I mean?


I am not an owl by nature, but long after the In-Charge had carried his bad back off to bed last night, I sat up perusing the crochet-idyll of cyberspace. I stayed up until the candles guttered in their sockets and my screen flickered with the effort of staying awake.

But oh joy, oh rapture, oh itchy fingers!
Here are some of the treasures I found.
I hope no one minds me sharing them with you. Who knows, it might inspire you all to go out there and buy a hook!



Totally thrilling






Much too good to eat








    
Right up my street

If I had these, I'd leave all my clothes in a heap on the floor so I could see the hangers




How pretty is that?

BUNTING! I knew bunting was just WAITING to be made

Bored with making cupcakes? Iam. Maybe I'll give these a try instead. The more you eat, the thinner you get


A touch of Morocco



And some of you may remember this beauty on my blog last year.
I wanted it very badly indeed.
(I still do.)



Well, for all you mad cyclists out there - how about this instead?







Or compromise. Have a rickshaw (probably safer on city streets than a bicycle, and there's room for the shopping too).





Small wonder I lay awake in the small hours wondering if I can spare the time to sleep at all?



Do you think, if I'd learned to crochet at a young age, my life might have taken a different course?

Well, be that as it may, I am well and truly hooked now, at any rate.








The photos on this post have come from:
For the Love of Crochet
Comunidade De Arte E Artesanato
Colorful Arts And Crafts
 

Or if you prefer pure art, have a look at Prudence Mapstone's website



2 comments:

  1. Love the flowers and the bunting. I used to crochet squares and once made a huge square balnket, but I haven't seen anything as pretty as this.
    One question: can you crochet with a cat beside you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the most amazing creations. I mastered the basics of knitting a long time ago but doubt if I could even 'cast on' nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Ah, go on! Make my day - leave a comment!