Tuesday 6 March 2012

Elevenses - Tagging Along For the Ride

IsobelandCat has linked me into a daft blog game! It's all elevenses as far as I can make out, but no chocolate biscuits.
However, as I've been feeling eleventy-one years old today, I suppose it was meant to be.

THE RULES:
You must post these rules.

Paste the questions the “tagger” listed for you in their post
onto a new post of your own and answer them
Create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Choose eleven people to tag and put a link to their pages in the post.

Let each taggee know that you have tagged them.

So - here are Isobel's 11 questions with my answers:


What makes you angry?   Any kind of cruelty to animals.

Where was your best UK holiday? (if you have never had a holiday in the UK, say where you would mots like to visit in the UK)   The magical summer holidays I spent with my husband in Somerset (his home county) when we first met and when we were first married

Where do you eat breakfast?  Standing on my head

Who in the public domain do you most admire?  Off the top of my head, Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley  Whittingstall. They have both changed the way we think about food, and animal welfare and have been central to many people in the UK eating a healthier diet

Where would you advise a visitor to see in London? (if you’ve never been here, say where you would like to visit in London)  Greenwich, especially at the weekend - a lovely walk in the park and then a visit to the market. Or the other way round if you prefer. Lots of other things to do and see there too - the Observatory, the Cutty Sark, the Queen's House, the Maritime Museum etc etc etc. It was always one of my favourite places

What do you like most about your home?   That it fits like an old coat but manages to be so beautiful as well (beautiful building, rather than my clutter, I mean)

Would you ever have plastic surgery to reverse the signs of ageing?   After looking in the mirror this morning, how soon can I book?

What would you do if any of the following tried to shake your hand:
Vladimir Putin, David Cameron, Angela Merkel?  As I can't imagine any circumstances in which this could happen, I don't have to answer that

Which was your favourite Father Ted episode? (if you have never watched Father Ted rectify this life error asap)   I will try to rectify this terrible error

What are you reading and would you recommend it?  Notwithstanding by Louis de Bernieres, bought in a charity shop. Yes, it's delightful and quirky

For how many minutes do you boil an egg?   We have our own hens and the eggs take longer to boil than shop bought for some reason. I like eggs either really really soft or really really hard. - no idea how long either of those take to achieve. All a bit haphazard here!



OK - here are my questions:

Looking back, which author did you most love in that transition between childhood and becoming an adult?

Which 5 plants or species would you always want growing in your garden (or hypothetical garden)

What would you try to save if the house went up in flames and you knew all the people and animals were safely out?

Which country/city in the world (that you have never been to) would you most like to visit and why?

What's the number one favourite piece of music/song you would take to your desert island?

Do you read using a Kindle or would you if you could?

What individual item of food would you not eat, even if it was served to you at the Queen/President's dinner table? (Something ordinary, we're not talking about sheep's eyeballs here!)

If you found an unexpected £20 in the bottom of your coat pocket, what would you spend it on - books, wine, plants, clothes, bills...?

If your car could be any colour you want, what colour would it be?

Looking back, what do you most regret not buying (no matter how big or small)

Do you still have your childhood teddy bear? If so, what is he/she called?



I am tagging the following bloggers (who don't have to take part if they don't want to)

Mike 




Jo 


Sony 


Anna 





8 comments:

  1. This looks like fun. Thanks for thinking of me - that said, I'll have to see how the time frame goes, as I have some appointments this week, but I'll do my best to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do my pirate best...interesting 11

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have a go, but I am not sure how to tag people- consider yourself invited back! :) It's a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done !!!
    If you want to read my answers to your questions:
    http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/the-art-of-pirate-tagging/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Lorely I got Isobel! So I won't do t again but loved your questions so I answered them here.
    Victoria Holt. Lavender, tomatoes, clematis, jasmine and daphne. My computer for its 25000 photos. Timbuktu,a childhood dream to go to the end of the world!Help!Yes on my android.Cauliflower.A lottery ticket and cinema tickets. Blue.A chakra necklace I saw in Winchester years ago. No I don't think I had one:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, my 'tagees' - I shall look forward to seeing your answers.
      Just a bit of fun, so no pressure (actually no pressure! That expression usually means the opposite!)

      Delete
  6. Great answers! I am soooo shocked you never watched Father Ted. How about Cold Feet? This Life? Outnumbered? I haven't been the Queen's House in Greenwich for ages. It is lovely, isn't it?
    I asked the handshake question as one day David Cameron came to my place of work. He wasn't Prime Minister then. He put his hand out to shake mine and out of politeness I gave him my hand. Now I feel almost complicit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Cold Feet - couldn't go out so as not to miss it! Never heard of This Life or Outnumbered. The best thing I've watched recently was Call the Midwife. It was absolutely fantastic from start to finish (depite one or two moments when you had to hum loudly and look the other way!) NOT TO BE MISSED.
      Agree with you about the handshake business. I'd have done the same and felt the same. It's not that I have any feelings about DC or AM (although I can't include VP in that) but I just loathe politicians.
      I think one's hand would end up feeling slimy if you shook with any of them. (One or two notable exceptions.)
      Greenwich is just my favourite, favourite place, esp the park and the market. It encapsulates so many happy memories. I might write something about it...

      Delete

Ah, go on! Make my day - leave a comment!